Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Does Birth Order Affect A Child’s Personality


My oldest is so responsible. My middle is a handful. The baby is adorable. Sound familiar? Birth order does effect a child’s personality.

Ilissa

Birth order has been shown to affect a child’s personality. The forerunner of this idea was Alfred Adler, who was a contemporary of Sigmund Freud. Adler suggested that birth order was a major determinant of the main influences on personality. Since the family unit is the primary social unit for children for so many years, it only makes sense that birth order would affect how a child’s personality develops. Read More>>>

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thanks for following my blog! This is an interesting topic because my kids are all adopted or foster kids. They joined our family in an order that did not match their birth family order and did not match their age order in my family! I think they must be very confused!

    ReplyDelete