Monday, February 8, 2010

Is Your Marriage Good Enough? 10 Questions to Ask

Yup, nothing's perfect. Sucks huh? Maybe not....
Good enough marriage, good enough mother/father. We do the best we can. Are our expectations unrealistic? If you made a list of pros and cons, would your marriage/relationship be good enough? Good enough is not about settling, it's about realistic expectations. Read on, you may find your relationship is pretty darn good after all.

Ilissa

Are you expecting too much? Are you just "settling"? Ginger Tobias asks ten pointed questions about the state of your union.

You don't need NFL training to hurl a pizza across a New York City apartment. I found this out as I ducked to avoid my husband's dinner (he didn't fling it at me, he claims). "They folded the slices," he bellowed. "Ruined." I bit my tongue hard—but not, unfortunately, before "Did you lose your nappies?" slipped out (nappies being what they call diapers in England, which is where he's from and where, at this point, I was wishing he had stayed). Big mistake. He went off like a car alarm, the honk-honk-beeeep-honk of his tirade so familiar, I'd long since learned to tune it out by doing guided imagery: Single Me with full custody of remote control. Single Me released from his rancid pessimism. Single Me without tomato and extra cheese dripping down my newly painted white (of course) wall. Read More>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment